Don’t submit your game to unrelated jams for promotion or you will be banned from participating in jams forever. https://itch.io/docs/creators/quality-guidelines#game-jams/do-not-add-your-game-to-unrelated-jams-for-promotion
A downloadable game overlay for Windows and macOS
Introducing the first stages of StreamSavers! An idle-clicker game with heavy gacha/collecting and leveling mechanics that sits in your YouTube or Twitch streams! Viewers can interact with Twitch commands and donations. What will hatch on YOUR stream?
Pre-order now and you'll get early access to the beta (out now!) as well as the Steam key for the full game!
Platforms: Windows (In Production: SLOBS App, OS X, Linux, HTML5)
Officially Supported Applications: OBS Studio , Streamlabs OBS, or XSplit Broadcaster.
Streaming Platform Integrations: Twitch Chat
StreamSavers runs in the background of your stream. Use OBS or Streamlabs OBS to capture the game window, choose "Allow Transparency", and you're all set! The game is played in its own window, preferably on a second monitor, to not obtrude the game window. Game can be minimized and still show in stream.
- In OBS or Streamlabs OBS, choose Game Capture, choose the StreamSavers window, and set Allow Transparency to True.
- "Alt + Enter" to toggle Fullscreen. (Can be run on second monitor, or in the background.)
- Press "S" to save your characters.
- Press "L" to load your characters.
- Idle RPG - It's like a piranha tank full of tamagotchi-style heroes. Hatch a starting egg to start your journey. Heroes automatically attack enemies, gain experience, level up, and collect coins. Twitch viewers can interact by spawning effects, enemies, bosses, and coins though chat commands and donations. Coins can be used to buy additional eggs.
- Endless PVP - Twitch viewers type !join to drop in with their username as a random character. Players continually attack and destroy each other. Viewers can drop power ups and enemies.
- Battle Royale - Viewers are given 60 seconds to queue up using !battle. The Battle UFO drops all participants into a PVP-enabled battle royale where only one will be victorious.
Active Development Team
- Developer: Mike Rodriguez
- Lead Programmer: Mike Rodriguez
- Character Animation Exporting (freelance): Satrio Galih
- Programmer (freelance): Amarjeet Prasad
- Programmer (TwitchIO): Ben Stigsen
- Programmer/Importing (freelance): Tolga Vanlıoğlu
- Potion Graphics: Flippurgatory
- Dev Support: Streamlabs OBS
- Game Engine Tech: YoYo Games, GMS2
- Heroes implemented: 76
- Heroes so far: 224
- Eggs Implemented: 8
- Enemies Implemented: 2
In Progress (Coming Soon)
- Working on new HD character art. 900x900px characters compared to the original 150x150px characters. Weapons are also being rendered separately in HD, allowing characters to switch weapons out to enable different effects. This transition will take a lot of time and money, unfortunately, but it's on the way!
- "Would you like to save?" Reminder.
- Characters auto-level, but will collect skill points. Skill points can be spent on HP or Attack Power upgrades.
- Movement/physics update.
- New enemies.
- Enemies/bosses will not spawn if X amount already exist on stream.
- New idle quest system.
- New idle achievement system.
- New statistics panel.
- Enemy timer adjustments based on highest level character.
Beta Release 0.3.4 (1/10/2023)
- Bug Fix: Character title did not accurately track XP.
- Bug Fix: !enemy caused an error.
Beta Release 0.3.3 (10/13/2022)
- All character attacks give XP now. Before, only the character who dealt the killing blow got XP. The killing blow sill still give the most XP, but any attack that does damage will also reward XP.
- New command: !boss will drop a boss named after the chatter (if name enemies is turned on).
- Enemies and bosses will only spawn (world spawn or chat spawn) if the screen limit is not reached. This is currently set to 6 enemies on screen and 2 bosses on screen.
- Now tracking character's highest level, hp, and attack power to be used for calculating enemy and boss stats dynamically. Use the * stats menu to view.
- Boss timer starts dropping after 5m now, instead of 30m.
Beta Release 0.3.2 (10/13/2022)
- Added new Streamer chat functions. Only the channel owner can use these.
- !buy - Buy an egg using chat.
- !togglebubbles - Toggle chat bubbles on/off.
- !togglenameenemies - Toggles naming enemies after chatters on/off.
- !save - Saves the game.
- !load - Loads the game.
- Chat messages will now come from the @StreamSavers Twitch bot by default.
- OAuth codes no longer required for users during setup, only your channel name.
- Custom bot names/accounts still supported. If you would like to use your own username or bot account, you can use the settings menu to add those the same way as before.
- Note: If you have follower-only mode on, you may need to /mod the StreamSavers account before using to allow it to post to chat, but commands will still work in-game.
- Added "Use StreamSavers Bot" option to Twitch settings menu.
- @StreamSavers bot will now directly mention the chatter who used the command.
- Language menu temporarily disabled (custom chat commands) in favor of an option to automatically translate the game into different languages. Custom commands will likely return in a future update.
- Bug Fix: Potions now will not award health exceeding the character's max HP. Thanks to user Irresistible Jelly for the report!
Beta Release 0.3.1 (10/11/2022)
- Removed built-in chat message timers. Set to a max of 1 message per second to avoid chat auto-timeouts.
- Fixed bug where !coindrop keep dropping coins after leaving the screen.
- Fixed bug where !battle command still worked in IdleRPG.
- Added Streamer authentication method to determine if a chat came from the channel owner. (Allowing settings changes with streamer-sent chat commands.)
- Fixed enemies being named when other events besides !enemy were triggered.
- Fixed bug with Save/Load system.
Beta Release 0.3.0 (10/9/2022)
- Added new !bomb command. Drops a bomb that affects all enemies on screen (damage + knockback).
- New UI that is easier to hide on stream.
- Added new enemy: Armored Snail.
- Added weapon rarity to character card. (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic)
- Added enchantment type to character card. (Earth, Air, Fire, Water)
- Added Class and Description to character card. Populating character info.
- Added Class/Description for Anubis and Mr. E (previously Alien/Mr. A).
- Set coin notification color to yellow.
- Set damage notification color to red.
- Channel owner can buy an egg using !buy in chat.
- Fixed "E" bug.
- Added a visual notification to show collected coins as +1, +10, or +100.
- Added visual notifications to show attack damage on enemies/bosses.
- Chatters are be able to !queue up, so the next egg hatched by the streamer will be named after them.
Beta Release 0.2.3 (10/8/22)
- Fixed bug where bosses stop moving.
- New Live Character Card UI update.
- Optimized movement system for players, enemies, and bosses.
- Increased boss movement speed by 2x.
- Increased player/enemy movement speed by 1.5x.
- Added debug interface. Press * to enable/disable.
- Added new chat help function. Type !sshelp to display enabled chat commands.
- Added new Settings menu and options (Name Enemies, Show Chat Bubbles, etc.).
Beta Release 0.2.2 (9/13/22)
- Fixed bug where saving with an unhatched egg may crash the game.
- Egg pricing increased to 10,000g to avoid overloading with characters.
Beta Release 0.2.1 (8/29/22)
- New loading system and optimizations remove in-game stutter.
- Less than 110MB memory used on average.
- Filesize dropped from 250MB to 50MB.
- Added potions to regain health.
- Added three tiers of coins. Bronze (1 coin), Silver (10 coins), and Gold (100 coins).
- Chat can drop potions with the !potion command.
- Added config options (shown in external dialog box to avoid showing sensitive info on stream).
- Saved to encrypted .ini file locally within the app sandbox. Keep this file safe, regardless.
Beta Release 0.2.0 (8/28/22)
- Mode removed: Battle Royale (Twitch)
- New leveling system.
- New Attack and HP upgrades effect characters on level up.
- Attack power based on attack stat.
- Enemies have randomized health and experience (within range).
- Bosses have randomized health and experience (within range).
- Characters can now be defeated.
- Coins now automatically collect themselves after a set amount of time, allowing chat to help you purchase a new egg should you run out of characters. Chat can use !coindrop to shower the streamer with coins.
- New instructions menu with basic setup directions (more coming soon).
- Chat messages now show up as character dialog boxes.
- Known bug: Chat boxes spawn at a random location and attach to the nearest character. If the nearest character already has a chat box, they will overlap temporarily until the first box expires.
- Fixed character: Dark Knight. (Missing sprite.)
- Fixed bug that displayed dialog box testing/debugging messages.
- Player card system updated with character attributes. UI refinements and character descriptions coming soon.
Beta Release 0.1.9 (9/21/21)
- New Platform: Support for macOS.
- Bug Fix: Characters going behind the title logo: Fixed by sending the title logo image to back.
- Bug Fix: Characters going behind the main menu: Fixed by making it a solid physics object.
- Bug Fix: Translucent platform: Fixed by using floor tiles instead.
- Bug Fix: Sometimes characters don't produce coins when they die: Fixed.
- Bug Fix: If a character dies with its info-sheet open, the game used to crash with an error: Fixed.
- Performance Fix: Heavy frame drop and lag observed at game start: Fixed by introducing a loading screen (splash screen), which loads all the sprites before the game starts.
- Bug Fix: Line connecting characters and their respective info-sheets being drawn over characters' images: Fixed by ending the line above characters' images.
- QoL Update: If there is only one character remaining on the title screen, it has nothing much left to do: Fixed by spawning a random character after every minute, since the starting of the game.
- Bug Fix: Char overhead text going behind the menu: Fixed by adjusting depths.
- Bug Fix: The collision-shape of each and every character readjusted (including enemy and boss) so that none of them appear floating in the air while moving close to platform edges
- QoL Update: Players can now have only two info sheets open at any moment (it avoids clustering of info-sheet, while still making it possible to compare the info of any two characters).
- Informational update: Info-sheets can still be dragged with the left mouse button and, closed with a mouse right-click. UI Icons will soon be added.
- Bug Fix: The other info-sheet will not be dragged with the one that is already being dragged (it avoids stacking of info-sheets)
Beta Release 0.1.7.1 (1/16/21)
- Fixed bug that caused crashing in PVP Mode.
Beta Release 0.1.7 (1/15/21)
- Synced to Steam Release from this version forward.
- Added platforms and a new title screen featuring PVP characters.
- Updated platform to x64 bit runtime.
- 76 Total Characters implemented to both Idle RPG and PVP Modes.
- Improvements to the attack and leveling system.
- Addition of ranged characters with ranged attacks.
- Improvements to the Hero Information Panel which now connects to the character it's referencing.
- Added health bars to represent HP for each character.
Beta Release 0.1.6 (12/22/20)
- CHARACTER DROP! 53 new characters coming in the next update bringing the total to 76.
- 4 New Eggs and new spawn rates for existing eggs!
- Hero Info Panels! (Right click to open, left click to drag, right click again to close.)
Beta Release 0.1.5 (11/20/20)
- Character update! Added 5 new characters to the PVP Mode.
Beta Release 0.1.4 (11/20/20)
- PvP Mode w/ Twitch introduced. Audience may spawn characters from the Battle UFO, each with 100hp using the command !battle. Attacks do "damage = 1-5hp * level". Not battle royal mode, so there is no winner, but the remaining characters will continue leveling on stream.
- PvP Mode supports 5 characters so far but adding the rest quickly.
- Idle RPG w/Twitch now supports PVP players. They will ignore player characters and help attack enemies and other PVP players.
- Common eggs hatch rate increased to 5 minutes.
- Rare eggs hatch rate increased to 10 minutes.
- Cost of eggs increased to 1,000 gold coins.
Beta Release 0.1.3.1 (11/6/20)
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where loading the game would only load eggs OR characters, rather than both eggs and characters. Saving and loading should work properly now.
Beta Release 0.1.3 (10/11/20)
- Performance Update: Turned off synchronization/VSYNC.
- Added new hero, Dark Magician (Thanks vMatriixx for the suggestion!)
- Added new hero, Fire Elemental.
- Added new hero, Ice Elemental.
- Added new hero, Water Elemental (Coral).
- Added new hero, Pumpkin Head.
- First hero spawned in Twitch mode is named after the streamer. (Thanks manikclub for the suggestion!)
Beta Release 0.1.2 (9/26/20)
- Physics Update: Stronger physics, less enemy bounce, enemies bounce away from walls, and enemies no longer collide with each other.
- Performance Update: Switched from VM to YYC. Now building directly to C++/machine code which can execute without the use of an interpreter.
- Added new hero, Magician.
- Added new egg color, Red.
- Added 1 new special effect for rare eggs and characters (red glow).
Beta Release 0.1.1 (9/25/20)
- Added randomness to the game.
- Each color of egg will now properly drop one of 5-6 possible characters each.
Purple Egg: Alien, Anubis, Barbarian, Blacksmith, Black Wizard.
Gold Egg: Tiny Executioner, Gecko, Gorilla, White Knight, Mage, Monk.
Pink Egg: Mummy, Robot, Skull Knight, Trojan, Vampire, Zombie Mummy.
- New enemies now spawn every 45 seconds or so without user/audience input.
- Game now saves the last Twitch authentication data used. (Thanks vMatriixx for the suggestion!)
- Bug fix: Menu now properly attributes game title.
- Bug fix: New users now start with 300 gold.
- Switched to 720p for default performance increase. Toggle for 1080p planned.
Beta Release 0.1.0 (9/25/20)
- Save/Load System Implemented!
- Press "S" to save your characters.
- Press "L" to load your characters.
- Idle RPG Playable in Beta
- Idle RPG w/ Twitch Playable in Beta
- Bug: Menu item uses incorrect/older game title, will be corrected to StreamSavers in next release.
[Pre-Beta changelog moved to official Development Blog. Please visit for archives and information on past updates.]
|Updated||25 days ago|
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio|
|Tags||Cute, Idle, overlay, stream, twitch|
|Average session||A few hours|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Touchscreen|
|Multiplayer||Server-based networked multiplayer, Ad-hoc networked multiplayer|
In order to download this game overlay you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Which did I apply to that wasn't applicable? There was only one I remember looking into that ended up being for Unreal, but I'm pretty sure I didn't apply. My bad if I did but it would be good to know which one or why. I may have just missed a requirement.
I don't think I'll be participating in game jams anyway though, so feel free to ban if necessary.
Just purchased this, but what are all the chat commands? is there more than just !join and !battle?
Thank you so much for pre-ordering! Currently, !enemy and !coindrop work in the beta. Working on adding more soon! (also, ideas for new commands welcome)
Seems like the commands are not currently working, chat tpyes "!join" and "battle" it comes back with "Join" or "battle" is not a recognized command. Any way to fix that?
Those are for PVP mode. Coming in an update. Maybe a week or two away.
How is that update coming along? The PVP sounds great
PVP is nearly complete, I just haven't released it because at the moment, levels don't affect attack power or HP or anything, just cosmetic. I'm writing up some scripts to handle these so that attack power and defense work and level appropriately, and then I'll release the PVP mode. My guess is 1-3 weeks.
PvP Beta is out